Recently we have seen, How To Install Jelly Bean On Xperia Ray. Actually, Jelly bean is not officially provided by sony. By using a custom ROM of jelly bean, we can easily upgrade from ICS to Jelly Bean with the help of the flash tool. I have tested that, and I’m still running on Jelly Bean on my Xperia Ray ST18i device. The ROM is super fast and stable on my device. I’m fully satisfied on Jelly bean Custom ROM.
Due to some minor reasons, some of my readers asked me to publish a tutorial for Restoring Original Xperia Ray Firmware. So, in this article, I’m going to explain How to Downgrade from a Custom ROM to Xperia Ray Stock Firmware.
Note: This tutorial will only work on bootloader unlocked Xperia devices.
- Windows PC [Tested only on Windows 7 And Working Fine For Me]
- Unlocked Xperia Ray Device.
- Internet Connection.
- Flash Tool For Xperia Devices
- Sony PC Companion
Steps Taken Before Restoring Original Xperia Ray Firmware
- Backup your contacts to sd card or to your Google account.
- If needed, backup your messages, call history etc.
- If needed, backup your apps and app data using Titanium Backup App.
- Please be aware, all of your phone memory data will be erased. But, your SD card data will be kept untouched.
- Make sure that your device is charged by at least of 90%.
- USB debugging must be enabled.
Steps For Restoring Original ROM On Xperia Ray:
Unzip the Flash Tool For Xperia zip file and place it anywhere in your computer.
Run Emma_setup.exe. During the installation, make sure you remember the installation path:
Default path in Windows 64 bit is: “C: Program Files (x86)Sony MobileEmma“
Default path in Windows 32 bit is: “C: Program FilesSony MobileEmma“
Copy the Customization.ini file. You find it in the Flash Tool For Xperia zip file.
Paste the Customization.ini file into the installation folder. The installation folder is the folder named Emma in the installation path give above.
Start Emma by clicking Start > All programs > Sony Mobile > Emma > Emma
Turn off your phone.
Connect your phone to the USB cable while holding the flash key (Volume down).
Select the software you want in the Service list. The tool automatically detects the phone model and lists available software versions, which are called Services in this flash tool.
Click on Apply Service. The phone will now be flashed.
When the flashing is finished, you can disconnect your phone from the USB cable. The first time you start your device after flashing, the boot-up might take a little longer than normal.
Congratulations! Now your Xperia ray device is restored to the original firmware and the bootloader is locked.
Note: By default, Sony only allow you to install “Xperia Ray Ginger Bread 2.3.4 (Build 4.0.2.A.0.62)” via Sony Xperia Flash Tool. If you need to upgrade from Ginger Bread to Ice Cream Sandwich, please follow the below steps.
How To Upgrade Xperia Ray Ginger Bread (GB) To Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- Install Sony Pc Companion on your computer.
- Connect your Xperia Ray Smartphone to your PC with a USB data cable.
- Open Sony PC Companion and check for a firmware update.
- Just download and update to the latest version of firmware from sony.
- Restart your phone and enjoy. Now your Xperia Ray Smartphone is updated to the latest version of ICS released by sony.
I think, now my readers got a solution on restoring original ROM on Xperia ray. By the way, can root your ICS firmware by following this tutorial: How To Root Sony Xperia Ray With Android 4.0.4 In 5 Minutes
If you are having any doubts or queries, feel free to comment here. I’m always happy to help my readers.
Don’t forget to Subscribe Our Newsletter for getting latest article updates from NetMascots.